Sunday, March 18, 2012
DAY ONE...
Left my house at 5:15am, meeting BigGator(Jeff)at the Truck Stop out by I-95. I get there at 5:25 and see him standing beside his Harley looking like a spanked puppy. I knew something was wrong so I asked.. To make a long story short after some investigation, the Harley dealership where he has his bike serviced put too much oil in his bike and the excess was dripping out of the air cleaner. This is not the first time this has happened, but that's another story. We cleaned out the air filter housing then started putting the bike back together. I reached in my left front pocket and realized I had my wife's car keys... DAMNIT!!! So I high tailed it back to my house to drop off the keys while BigGator puts his bike back together. Anyway... I told you all that to explain why we were delayed 45 min. Not a good start, but Jeff said " Now that we got all that BUll SHIT out of the way.. Let's Ride!
Was a Chilly ride out to the turnpike with some patchy fog.. No issues with the ride. It was a beautiful sun rise as we did a speed run across the Central Florida Plains up toward Orlando. Because I have a 4.1 gallon tank I have to stop about every 100 miles for gas. One stop for gas in Orlando, now the sun is up and it looked to be a gorgeous day. We turned off the turnpike at Ocala on to hwy 27. We met 6 members from "The Florida Crew" at the Driftwood grill in Williston FL for breakfast, 181 miles before breakfast and I was freakin hungry!
Great people, good conversation and pretty good food.. We left the Driftwood about 10:30 or so and rode with the Crew for a few miles on our way towards the gulf coast. We split off from the Crew because I had to get gas AGAIN.. The sun is high and sky is clear... A beautiful day to ride.
Tail gunning for the Crew headed west toward the gulf
Stopped along Hwy 98 along the Gulf
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Damn Jeff you pack like a girl..all that storage and you packed an additional bag....LOL and look at you Brian traveling with that underware only rule again...LMAO great pictures Brian...riding and taking pictures at the same time? using cell phone or camera? Dont forget group shots...ask people to take pictures of you two together.... damn I just realized I should have made you a travel buddy for the trip....speaking of trip tradition Brian...where the flag....?
ReplyDeleteWhat a Hardley having issues.... please say it isnt so....who would have thought.... okay all joking aside about the Harley.... I hope you guys have no other problems... but you know these things only happen when Brians around....LOL But he is always willing to jump in and help you fix it..just dont make the mistake of bending over in front of him....he tends to go nuts :)
ReplyDeletelook like fun.
ReplyDelete